Welcome to Responsible Dog & Cat
Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC
Joyce D. Kesling, CDBC, ACCBC
Certified Dog Behavior Consultant
Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
Professional Dog Trainer
For every dog whose life could be improved, there is probably also an owner who is struggling with a dog that is beyond their ability to train. My passion in life, honed through education, is to help the individuals on both ends of the leash.
Responsible Dog and Cat – Training and Behavior Solutions, LLC. Joyce D. Kesling is a certified dog behavior specialist, certified cat behavior (associate) specialist, and professional trainer, specializing in both canine and feline behavior. Our specialty is aggression, phobias, separation anxiety and distress type behaviors.
Training should be fun for both you and your dog! I use effective and humane positive dog training methods recommended by the American Animal Hospital Associations 2015 Canine and Feline Behavior Management Guidelines, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior: AVSAB, and American College of Veterinary Behaviorists: ACVB.
We may recommend your pet be thoroughly checked by your veterinarian before scheduling a behavior consult. Read why here http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/healthandbehavior.html.
Responsible Dog and Cat LLC is owned and managed by Joyce D. Kesling, is certified dog behavior specialist, associate certified cat behavior specialist and member of International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. To review IAABC go here http://iaabc.org/about, review our code of ethics here http://iaabc.org/about/ethics . Find members using the international member locator here http://iaabc.org/consultants .
Professional Dog Training and Dog and Cat Behavior Solutions:
What we offer:
- Puppy Wellness™ Program
- Training Wellness™ Program
- Dog Manners
- Dog Obedience Skills
- Day Training Programs
- Board & Train
- Pet Sitting! We now offer this service!
- Dog Walking
- Behavior problem solving and prevention training
- Specially designed behavior and training plans for all identified problem behavior
- We educate you about normal dog behavior, avoid myths and unproven anecdotal methods, your teacher is certified in dog behavior
- Dog Daycare provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and is helpful for dogs who need to improve social skills and manners
- Dog Boarding provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and helpful for dogs who need to improve their social skills and manners
- Dog Behavior Consultation and Behavior Assessment – private appointment
- Telephone consultations – 1 hour, scheduled appointment only
- Cat behavior problem solving and training – Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
What we do:
- promote pet friendly training methods
- enhance your individual pets overall welfare and quality of life
- help owners resolve behavior problems
- use proven accepted behavioral science
Our goal is to help you resolve common behavior problems i.e. jumping, barking, chewing, digging, house-training, socialization and play behavior.
Complex behavior problems can include aggression, anxieties, fears, phobias, sibling rivalry. These require a behavior consultation, assessment and observation of your pet.
Responsible Dog and Cat offers Sarasota, Manatee County, Bradenton dog boarding with special training options, specialized dog daycare designed to improve social skills, and your pet’s emotional and physiological wellness. Read more about our boarding services http://www.responsibledog.net/services2.html
Read what clients and colleagues say http://responsibledog.net/testimonials.html
We accept credit cards, checks and cash payments
Responsible Dog and Cat carries liability insurance for yours and our protection. Coverage includes dog training, behavior modification, kenneling, and daycare.
We provide the most effective training and behavior plans based on your individual needs. We use only dog friendly training keeping in mind your dog’s behavioral wellness and on-going welfare.
Training and behavior assessments are not guaranteed. It is ethically ineffective and inappropriate to guarantee or profess an ability to predict future behavior of any living animal. Behavior is not static but is always under the influence of one’s environment and environmental conditions are always subject to change. It is for this condition that we cannot guarantee any training or behavior outcomes. Success is entirely up to you and you should consider this your responsibility.