Welcome to Responsible Dog & Cat!
Joyce Gamsby Kesling, CDBC, ACCBC
Certified Dog Behavior Consultant
Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
Professional Dog Trainer
Sarasota, FL 34277
Responsible Dog is in Sarasota Florida . We use the most widely accepted scientific and advanced methods to train puppies, improve social skills, work with rescues and newly adopted adult and adolescent dogs and help resolve behavior problems with your veterinarians referral. We provide puppy training, teach dog manners and instruct and educate you about dog behavior. We also offer dog boarding, day training and specialized dog daycare.
Because we care and want the best for you and your pets, we want to be sure your pet has first been thoroughly checked by your veterinarian before scheduling a behavior consult. We may need to coordinate services with your veterinarian. Read why this is important here http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/healthandbehavior.html first!
Responsible Dog and Cat is owned by Joyce D. Kesling. Joyce is a certified dog behavior consultant, associate certified cat behavior consultant and member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. To review IAABC, who we are and our mission statement go here http://iaabc.org/about to review our code of ethics go here http://iaabc.org/about/ethics . You can find members using the international member locator here http://iaabc.org/consultants .
Joyce is also a professional member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. You can learn about APDT here http://apdt.com/about/who.aspx their mission statement here http://apdt.com/about/mission.aspx , code of conduct here http://apdt.com/about/code.aspx , position statements here http://apdt.com/about/ps/default.aspx and member locator here http://apdt.com/petowners/ts/default.aspx . You will also find an article on what to look for when choosing a dog trainer at the top of the page.
Professional Dog Training and Dog and Cat Behavior Solutions:
What we offer:
- Puppy Wellness™ Program
- Training Wellness™ Program
- Dog Manners
- Dog Obedience Skills
- Day Training Programs
- Board & Train & Day Training
- Behavior problem solving and preventative methods requires veterinary referral
- Specially designed behavior and training courses for specially identified problem behavior with your veterinary referral, not only do we need to make sure your dog is physically sound, it may also be necessary to collaborate with your veterinarian
- We educate you about normal dog behavior, avoid myths and unproven anecdotal methods, your teacher is certified in dog behavior
- Dog Daycare provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and is helpful for dogs who need to improve social skills and manners
- Dog Boarding provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and helpful for dogs who need to improve their social skills and manners
- Dog Behavior Consultations – private appointments with veterinary referral
- Telephone consultations – Do you Skype? I do! 1.5 hour, limited scope of discussion, may need veterinary referral, scheduled appointment time
- Cat behavior problems and training – Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant with veterinary referral
What we do:
- promote pet friendly training methods
- enhance your individual pets overall welfare and quality of life
- help owners resolve behavior problems
- use proven accepted behavioral science
Our goal is helping you resolve common behavior problems i.e. jumping, barking, chewing, digging, housetraining, socialization and play behavior without jeopardizing your relationship using harsh corrections, training methods and equipment.
More complex behavior problems can also include these common natural behaviors as well as aggression, anxieties, fears, phobias, sibling rivalry. These require a veterinary referral, behavior consultation, assessment and observation of your pet.
Responsible Dog offers Sarasota, Florida dog boarding with special training options, specialized dog daycare designed to improve social skills taking into consideration your pet’s emotional and physiological wellness. Read more about our boarding services http://www.responsibledog.net/services2.html
Read what clients and colleagues say http://responsibledog.net/testimonials.html
Responsible Dog and Cat carries liability insurance for yours and our protection. Coverage includes dog training, behavior modification, kenneling, and daycare.
We provide the most effective training and behavior plans based on your individual needs. We promote dog friendly training keeping your dog’s behavioral wellness and welfare in mind. We require a veterinary referral for all behavior cases.
Training and behavior assessments are not guaranteed. It is ethically ineffective and inappropriate to guarantee or profess an ability to predict future behavior of any living animal. Behavior is not static but is always under the influence of one’s environment and environmental conditions are always subject to change. It is for this condition that we cannot guarantee any training or behavior outcomes. Success is entirely up to you and you should consider this your responsibility.
Your pet is inspected on arrival. We are a socially directed facility. You will be expected to sign training, behavior assessment, modification, boarding, and daycare agreement.