Welcome to Responsible Dog & Cat!
Joyce Gamsby Kesling, CDBC, ACCBC
Certified Dog Behavior Consultant
Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
Professional Dog Trainer
Sarasota, FL 34277
Responsible Dog is in Sarasota Florida . We use the most widely accepted scientific and advanced methods to train puppies and adolescent and adult dogs. We help your dog improve social skills, acclimate newly adopted adult and adolescent dogs and resolve behavior problems. We provide puppy training, teach dog manners and instruct and educate you about dog behavior. We also offer dog boarding, day training and specialized dog daycare.
Because we care and want the best for you and your pets, we may recommend that you first have your pet thoroughly checked by your veterinarian before scheduling a behavior consult. Read why this might be important here http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/healthandbehavior.html.
Responsible Dog and Cat is owned by Joyce D. Kesling. I’m a certified dog behavior consultant, associate certified cat behavior consultant and member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. To review IAABC, who we are and our mission statement go here http://iaabc.org/about to review our code of ethics go here http://iaabc.org/about/ethics . You can find members using the international member locator here http://iaabc.org/consultants .
Professional Dog Training and Dog and Cat Behavior Solutions:
What we offer:
- Puppy Wellness™ Program
- Training Wellness™ Program
- Dog Manners
- Dog Obedience Skills
- Day Training Programs
- Board & Train & Day Training
- Behavior problem solving and prevention training
- Specially designed behavior and training plans for all identified problem behavior
- We educate you about normal dog behavior, avoid myths and unproven anecdotal methods, your teacher is certified in dog behavior
- Dog Daycare provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and is helpful for dogs who need to improve social skills and manners
- Dog Boarding provides supervised opportunities for your dog to continue learning acceptable manners, dog communication and interactive skills, and helpful for dogs who need to improve their social skills and manners
- Dog Behavior Consultations – private appointments
- Telephone consultations – Do you Skype? I do! 1.5 hours, scheduled appointment only
- Cat behavior problems and training – Associate Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
What we do:
- promote pet friendly training methods
- enhance your individual pets overall welfare and quality of life
- help owners resolve behavior problems
- use proven accepted behavioral science
Our goal is helping you resolve common behavior problems i.e. jumping, barking, chewing, digging, housetraining, socialization and play behavior without jeopardizing your relationship using harsh corrections, training methods and equipment.
More complex behavior problems can also include these common natural behaviors as well as aggression, anxieties, fears, phobias, sibling rivalry. These require a behavior consultation, assessment and observation of your pet.
Responsible Dog offers Sarasota, Florida dog boarding with special training options, specialized dog daycare designed to improve social skills taking into consideration your pet’s emotional and physiological wellness. Read more about our boarding services http://www.responsibledog.net/services2.html
Read what clients and colleagues say http://responsibledog.net/testimonials.html
Responsible Dog and Cat carries liability insurance for yours and our protection. Coverage includes dog training, behavior modification, kenneling, and daycare.
We provide the most effective training and behavior plans based on your individual needs. We promote dog friendly training keeping your dog’s behavioral wellness and welfare in mind.
Training and behavior assessments are not guaranteed. It is ethically ineffective and inappropriate to guarantee or profess an ability to predict future behavior of any living animal. Behavior is not static but is always under the influence of one’s environment and environmental conditions are always subject to change. It is for this condition that we cannot guarantee any training or behavior outcomes. Success is entirely up to you and you should consider this your responsibility.